Completing Your 2013 Annual Report Training Sessions
During the hands-on training sessions we will discuss the 2013 updates. We will also provide tips for content entry throughout the report.
Dates and Times
- Wed, January 8th – 1:30-3:00pm, Hardin Hall 142
- Thurs, January 9th – 10:00-11:30am, Hardin Hall 142
2013 Instruction Guides for Completing the Annual Report
For the 2013 reporting year, the content entry instructions are available in multiple guides separated by function. Everyone will need to view or print the first three guides as all IANR faculty or staff reporting via Activity Insight are required to complete the Yearly Summary Statement and the appropriate Goal screen(s). You will complete other sections as appropriate for your position.
Entering and Checking Teaching Content
Academic Advising, Directed Student Learning, Scheduled Teaching, Curriculum Development Efforts
10/31/13 NOTE for Scheduled Teaching screen: The Teaching Participation - Percent text box entry was mistakenly changed to a Read-Only status, meaning you cannot add this item to the course information. This problem is being worked on and should be corrected in 10-15 business days. We will provide notification when the problem has been corrected.
Entering IANR Administrative Information *
* not available as of 10/31/13
Webinar Recording (opens in new window or tab, depending on your browser setting)
- Introduction (0:00-4:25)
- topics include IANR AI Resources page, login, and sections to use for administrative purposes
- Data from other sources (4:26-13:44) (IANR Guide page 1)
- explanation of data imported from several other university systems
- Update Apportionment Information (13:45-22:45 (page 2))
- instructions on updating this content
- View or Print Annual Reports (22:46-33:55) (page 3)
- includes explanation of how to handle accounts of retired or resigned personnel
- Generate a Report for other Data Reporting (33:56-50:29) (page 4)
- includes explanation of Academic Units for IANR and CEHS personnel
- Conclusion (50:30-54:11)
- includes logoff and getting help information
Transfer Your eAFRA Past Annual Reports
The eARFA system will only be available until May 9, 2014.
Since Activity Insight and eARFA have different structures for storing data, your past Annual Reports were NOT transferred to the Activity Insight (AI) system. If you need any of your annual Past Reports for Promotion and Tenure or other purposes, you will need to “transfer” those reports from eARFA to AI.
You will need to save your report(s) in eARFA as PDF file(s) and then you will upload the PDF files into the AI program.
Please see the Transfer guide (PDF 107KB) for step-by-step instructions.
Check Publication Citations entered by UNL Libraries
The Libraries staff will work with departments to enter historical publication citations for the faculty members. After the citations are entered individual faculty should review what has been entered into the ActivityInsight database. Please see the instruction guide for checking and correcting citation data (PDF 115KB).
IANR's Activity Insight Improvement Priorities for 2013
Based on the results of the faculty and administrator surveys conducted earlier this year, IANR has set a list of Improvement Priorities for 2013. Please see the July 23rd email from David Jackson for details.