IANR Staff Awards
Outstanding Employee Award ($750)
This award recognizes managerial/professional and office/service employees who on an ongoing basis go above and beyond their job responsibilities. Nominee must be employed permanently (.50 FTE or more in the University) and have an IANR appointment. Employee cannot be on corrective probation. The OEA can be received once every 5 years.
Recipients will be selected 4 times yearly and awards presented in March, June, September and December. Nominations must be received on or before the 1st day of February, May, August and November respectively. Nominations may be carried forward one quarter.
Each recipient will be awarded $750 (less the amount withheld for taxes), plus a certificate, lapel pin, letter from the NU Vice President/IANR Vice Chancellor, and recognition in people news section of this IANR website.
The University of Nebraska Board of Regents Kudos Award ($150)
The Board of Regents at its meetings recognizes full-time employees from each of the four campuses for outstanding service to the University of Nebraska. IANR submits a recipient for the Kudos Award on a rotating basis determined by the Office of University Communications.
The intent of IANR is to select for Board recognition outstanding, full-time IANR employees who are considered best among the best.
All past recipients of the IANR Outstanding Employee Award are eligible. Nominees should consistently demonstrate high-quality performance, project a commitment toward excellence in the quality of daily work, inspire a "teamwork attitude," contribute to high-staff morale, and use sound judgment in the exercise of duties (cite specific examples).
IANR Exemplary Service Award ($1,000)
After 5 years, individuals who have received a Kudos award are eligible for the annual IANR Exemplary Service Award. The intent of IANR is to select outstanding IANR employees who have maintained a high level of service and are considered exemplary.
The purpose of this award is to recognize employees for continued outstanding service to the University of Nebraska. Nominees should consistently demonstrate high-quality performance, project a commitment toward excellence in the quality of daily work, inspire a "teamwork attitude," contribute to high-staff morale, and use sound judgment in the exercise of duties (cite specific examples).
Nominations are due by February 1st each year. The award will be presented in April. (Up to 2 awards can be given each year.) Each recipient will be awarded $1,000 ($500 will be provided by the NU Vice President/IANR Vice Chancellor and $500 will be the responsibility of the recipient's unit), a letter from the NU Vice President/IANR Vice Chancellor, and a plaque.
Nomination Instructions and Selection
All IANR Staff Awards require the same nomination materials:
- A letter of recommendation from the nominator. Please include a detailed description of the qualities that you feel prove your nominee is deserving of the award. Include specific examples and quotes from colleagues if available. Multiple letters may be included but are not required.
- A current position description.
Nominations for all three awards may be made by anyone; however, the nomination must be made through and approved by the unit administrator.
- Submit an up to date position description and nomination letter of recommendation to the nominee's unit administrator. In the recommendation letter, please relate specific examples of how the nominee is an "outstanding" or "exemplary" employee. Descriptions of instances when the employee has gone above and beyond are helpful.
- Administrator is to electronically forward materials (as one pdf document) to the NU Vice President/IANR Vice Chancellor's office in care of Mindee Myers, email@example.com.
- Each nomination is reviewed by the IANR Staff Awards Committee. OEA nominations are reviewed quarterly. Kudos and Exemplary award nominations are reviewed annually in March.
- Contact the IANR Vice Chancellor's Office at 402-472-2871 for questions regarding the nomination process.