Growing a Healthy Future
ARD is the only public entity in Nebraska charged with conducting agricultural research vital to Nebraska where agriculture is the leading industry. Many ARD scientists, who currently are working on approximately 300 research projects throughout Nebraska, also hold teaching and extension appointments. That means exciting new discoveries move quickly from the field or laboratory into the classroom and across Nebraska.
UNL Extension delivers research-based knowledge Nebraskans can immediately use in their lives, businesses, families and communities. Extension’s key focus areas are animal agriculture, crops for the future, children, youth and families, entrepreneurship, food, nutrition and health, water and environment. Approximately 144,000 Nebraska youth are involved in extension’s 4-H program.
Research and extension education in the departments of child, youth and family studies; nutrition and health sciences; and textiles, clothing and design in the College of Education and Human Sciences (CEHS) are administered by IANR through ARD and UNL Extension.
The Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture at Curtis, a two-year public college that is part of the NU system, reports to the Vice Chancellor of IANR through the NU Vice President’s role.
- Animal Agriculture; UNL Extension resources on animal agriculture: beef, dairy, meat goat, poultry, swine and other topics.
Beef - Beef production learning modules, Ask and Expert, research reports, calendar of events and other resources are found at this University of Nebraska web resource. About Beef.unl.edu
- Child and Youth Development - We provide research-based programs and education to help you support the development of children and youth. About Child.unl.edu; 4h.unl.edu
- CropWatch - Crop production, pest management, fertility, markets, and tillage information for Nebraska agriculture. About CropWatch.unl.edu
- Food - Everything from basic nutrition facts to product and marketing information for a food business. About Food.unl.edu
- Water - The unbiased, research-based information on this site will help you better manage water for its many uses, whether you're a crop or livestock producer, landscaper, well driller, wastewater professional, current or prospective student, city dweller, rural resident or have another reason for learning about water. About Water.unl.edu